personal

HAUL: Wave-Gotik-Treffen Loot

May 27, 2016Saskia C.

Yes, I am still going on about WGT. It's the only way I can cope with being thrown back into reality. Just give me a couple more weeks, I promise I'll stop at some point.


To be honest, I'm quite proud of myself. I stayed within my budget and didn't make any outrageous expenses. For instance, I needed a new wallet and these were so cheap that I could easily justify buying two. I also finally bought a pentagram harness; even though I did enjoy making my own, in the end it was too much of a hassle so I caved.


Please appreciate how beautiful this year's 'Pfingstbote' looked - I wonder why I'm so fond of it... Maybe it's something to do with the colours? Not only the cover looked great, all of the pages were slightly shimmery as well.


One of my favourite purchases is probably the one pictured below; We Are Temporary's entire discography on usb, along with some artsy pictures and a necklace. Their performance was simply mind-blowing and they're probably my favourite discovery of this WGT. This year I also did gather a somewhat decent collection of cds but still, my wishlist was much, much longer. Next year I'll try and focus on buying new music.


Last but definitely not least, I'm also incredibly fond of my new rings. These are also the rings that I was wearing in last week's outfit post. I am completely and utterly in love with the one with the purple gem, it's just perfect. Fun fact: I stabbed Voltaire with the one on the right. Twice. Oops.

I'm curious to know what my co-WGT goers bought, so please let me know in the comments! And for the others: do you have any issues staying within budget at festivals? I always have to stop myself from spending all of my money on day one; if I succeed at that, I can usually survive the rest of the festival.

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Gorgeous stuff! I long to go to WGT !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do I have the ominous feeling that ring is staring into my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man. I blew £500+ on my first Whitby Goth Weekend (not even including hotel, travel or tickets, just in the markets) and haven't dared to go back since. Absolutely decimated my bank balance and had to buy two new suitcases to drag the haul home on the five-hour train journey from hell. The worst part was, I was having a huge style/identity crisis at the time so a lot of the stuff I bought turned out to have been wasted money. This was 2012-ish, I think, but I'm still cringing now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find it quite easy to stay within budget at festivals due to how expensive everything is! I love your haul! <3

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for buying the USB stick and necklace!! So glad you enjoyed the performance and included me in your "haul"! All the best!! x -Mark / We Are Temporary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wait, i didnt see this post before i think? Great finds! And I am maybe the different kind of person, usually doing my shopping the very first day and then closing my wallet whenever I have to re-enter the Agra shopping area XD (ok, spending what is left in there on monday though...) it actually is difficult to stay in budget for me as well but there is a secret: take your friends shopping, passive spending (aka telling them what they need to get for themselves) is as much fun *evil grin* btw, stabbing people with your ring - hope that was after the show!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul! I have that Switchblade Symphony album! <3

    ReplyDelete

Twitter

Follow by Email

Contact Form