featured outfit

OUTFIT: I'm Dead, Wanna Hook Up?

January 31, 2016Saskia C.

Today the fashion gods are smiling upon me. At long last, I am in possession of a faux fur coat. I can now reclaim my rightful place in the Sacred Hall of Alternative Lifestyle Bloggers. I will diminish, and go into the west, and remain CatacombKitten.

Hat: H&M - Coat: H&M - American Horror Story shirt: Camden - Skirt: H&M - Shoes: Doc. Martens - Choker: eBay - Necklace: eBay
Woops, I got a bit carried away there. Usually I steer clear of Tolkien references since once I start, I tend to not stop, ever. Anyhow, disaster averted. Besides, this outfit was inspired by a completely different one of my fandoms. How obvious is it that I drew (some) inspiration from Scream Queens? I know that my bitch face is not nearly as on point as Chanel Oberlin's but at least give me some credit for trying.



Before I'd watched Scream Queens, I used to believe that faux fur coats were nothing for me. They look bulky, unflattering, and are difficult to style, I always thought. Then I saw the Chanels and changed my opinion entirely, thanks to the severe emotional trauma that my fandoms tend to put me through. You may think you are looking at a responsible and emotionally stable adult, but alas, I must burst your bubble.


Fun fact: the amount of blooper photos that came out of this shoot is unreal. Rain seems to not only frizz up my hair, but also activate my Ridiculous Face Mechanism. Maybe, one day, I will share some of the dozens of outtakes I've gathered over the years. Some things are just too good to be left unpublished.

"But why have the weather gods forsaken me? Oh right, because I live in Belgium, that's why."
So, what is your opinion on faux fur coats, and how would you wear them? Being unable to properly style my new coat, up until now I've merely sat around caressing it and whispering sweet nothings into its fur. We can't all be fashionistas.

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Love the last photo, I always enjoy looking at non-posed photos of bloggers, they show the true personality of that person :D Faux fur coats are always love, but I'm yet to find a decent one in a thrift store. Though I'd probably would like a real fur more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Before you even mentioned it I was thinking Scream Queens! You look great. Love the outfit. Enjoy!

    I have up a similar splotchy purple faux fur coat to my local thrift shop a few years ago. It had been very loved. This year I bought a longer black version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfit! I love the coat

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAAAAAH faux fur coat, have been wanting one ever since I saw fight club the first time and just wanted to be Marla Singer. One day I will. You can combine it with almost everything as it is so poofy and awesome it draws all the attention. But I'd wear skinny jeans or leggings under it and probably some pair of awesome shoes. You make that coat look good btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the outfit, you look great! I am dying to get my hands on a black faux fur coat as an ode to Tilo Wolf in his early Lacrimosa days ;(

    ReplyDelete
  6. That faux fur coat looks awesome! And it complements your hair! I had owned faux fur coats before (not as nice as yours... Yours looks real) but I always found them too warm for fall/spring and too cold for winter

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOTR reference! Squee!

    You look fabulous! Is it just me or are dead people kinda hot haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've tried a lot of faux fur coats, but only one seemed to stick. My faux leopard coat is my absolute favorite and it was the cheapest thing ever. Probably because it's more of a hoodie style than your traditional cropped fur.

    Oh man, Scream Queens style was so killer! I'm so glad it was renewed for another series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This outfit looks very good on you! The coat is a risky choice (at least, it would be for me), but you totally rock it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Damn, that probably is a difficult thing to combine but looks great the way you do! I still have a black faux fur vest on my wishlist but cant find the one I want O_O°

    ReplyDelete

Twitter

Follow by Email

Contact Form