My Bookcase & Recent Buys

One more exam to go! Everything went well so far and chances are I won't have any resits this year, which is a first for me. I do need to finish my bachelor's paper during the holiday since I haven't been able to do that it in time, but I only need to write a couple more things so that won't take up too much of my free time. This calls for celebration, of course, and in my dictionary celebration means 'buying awesome stuff'.

Recent Buys
Yes, I bought more books. I admit, I have a problem. Expect reviews in the future.


Deadlocked is the last but one book in the Sookie Stackhouse series, my guilty pleasure. I'm hoping this book will be better than the previous one, because that one was very poor in comparison with the others in the series.
Call of the Jersey Devil is Voltaire's new novel so obviously a loyal fan like myself had no choice but to buy it. It seems very funny so this one is next on my reading list.
Word War Z and Warm Bodies are both novels about the zombie apocalypse. I've already finished Warm Bodies and it was absolutely brilliant. I suggest you read the book rather than watch the film, or at least read the book first and watch the adaptation afterwards; Hollywood is allergic to the book's fantastic sarcasm.

Then, more awesome stuff: incense with cheesy names.


It was not until I saw Jillian Venters (also known as the Lady of the Manners) post a picture of a box of Vampire's Blood incense on Facebook, that I knew the one thing that had been lacking from my life. After some research, it turned out that the Stamford brand has plenty of sorts of incense with cheesy names, so I ended up buying two different smells. I have to be honest, I'm slightly disappointed in the smell of the Vampire's Blood since I'm mostly a fan of more natural smelling incense and this one smells very soapy and rather chemical. The Fairy's Mist smells really good, though.

Last but not least: more zombies!


I just can't enter the board game store and not buy anything, okay? It's just not a possibility to walk out of there empty-handed. So yes, I bought another board game to add to my ever-expanding collection. I haven't had a chance to play it yet (damn you, exams!) but I will soon. This game has been on my wishlist for a very long time so I can't wait to try it.

Bonus: My Bookcase!
Since I recently re-arranged my entire bookcase, it seemed like a shame not to show it off. This is only the front, there's some more books at the back. I am really not allowed to buy any more because then I will have to get a second bookcase...




Labels: , ,