outfit

OUTFIT: Day & Night

January 01, 2013Saskia C.

First of all, Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a great night out (or in).
For me personally, this was the first New Year's Eve I stayed in ever (since I'm allowed to go out, that is). Joshua and me did go into town to see the fireworks at midnight, but that's all. Other than that, we studied for our upcoming exams, had a couple of tasty dishes (among those: sushi and Petit Beurre cake) and played Carcassonne.
The (sad) fact that I had to study did give me a fun idea for this particular post: outfit during the day vs. outfit at night.

This is what I wore while studying American literature:


Sherlock shirt: Teefury (Christmas gift from Joshua)
Longsleeve: Zeeman
Trousers: Mango
Fingerless gloves: Claire's

After a hard day of studying, I prepared the Petit Beurre cake and slapped on some make-up and a pretty dress. Despite the fact that we were staying in, I really wanted to dress up since I don't get to do that an awful lot during my 'holidays'.


Dress: Forever 21
Tights: No idea
Shrug: Coolcat
Shoes: TUK


I hope 2013's off to a good start for everyone! Now it's back to American literature for me...

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Your hair is amazing! The purple dress goes well with it, and I love the lace shrug and those shoes! We just had a small party with some good friends. It was a lot of fun, I laughed so hard I nearly couldn't breathe. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also American Literature sounds fascinating! Is it modern books or books from the past or a mix of both?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliments! Party with friends sounds fun, that was our original plan but all of our friends had already made plans, sadly.
      Right now I'm studying American Literature until 1900 but next year I'll have the possibility to take a course on more recent books as well. I quite like the course but I still prefer English literature.

      Delete
  3. Wow, I just love Your hair :O And the "night" outfit, black and purple are my favourite colours <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I love making combinations in those colours. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Adorable outfit! (hehe, I almost wrote adobarble) I'm curious, how much does coloring your hair like that weaken it? Yours looks adorable and I've contemplated doing something similar, but I have really long hair and am afraid it might cause too much dryness or breakage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you! And well, it's not really the colouring that damages it, but the bleaching. I've bleached my hair a total of three times and it still feels really healthy, I don't really have any problems with it at all. I did get a bit of the lengths cut but that was more of a personal choice than a necessity.
      If you're interested, I wrote a lengthy post on bleaching and dying: http://catacombxkitten.blogspot.be/2012/11/a-beginners-guide-to-bleach-and-hair-dye.html

      Delete
  5. That shade of purple is a lovely color on you. You look beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete

Twitter

Follow by Email

Contact Form