books films

Best of 2012

December 27, 2012Saskia C.

A small post about my favourite things that I've read/watched/discovered... in 2012. These are not necessarily things that actually came out in 2012.
I hope you look up some of these for yourself because they're all absolutely worth it.

Books





Films




TV Shows

 


CDs






Since I got an ereader for Christmas, I've been reading pretty much non-stop (when I'm not studying, that is). At the moment I'm reading:

- Our Vampires, Ourselves by Nina Auerbach (for one of my classes, but extremely interesting)
- De jeeste van Walewein en het Schaakbord (Middle Dutch text, also for one of my classes)
- The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien (I felt inspired after seeing The Hobbit)
- The Penguin Complete Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle
- Bridget Jones' Diary by Helen Fielding

And yesterday I finished Mark Twain's Adventures of Huckleberry Finn for my class on American Literature.

So if you want to make me happy: recommend a book! (Or a film. Or a CD. Or a TV-series. Or anything else you feel like recommending.)


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. How is The Silmarillion? Want to read that one too but I'm still busy with my serie of De Aardkinderen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read very much of it yet, but the first 20 pages were really good and not as difficult as I'd feared they'd be.

      Delete
  2. Have you seen the new TV series of Great Expectations? It has three very long episodes, but it tells the entire story, without missing anything out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I will have to check that one out! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Have you read the House of Night series by P.C. and Kristen Cast? It is an Interesting new take on the Vampire Genre. And it's in first person, so you know what Zoey (the main character) is thinking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A new take on the vampire genre, sounds interesting! Thanks for the tip.

      Delete

Twitter

Follow by Email

Contact Form