A small post about my favourite things that I've read/watched/discovered... in 2012. These are not necessarily things that actually came out in 2012.
I hope you look up some of these for yourself because they're all absolutely worth it.
Since I got an ereader for Christmas, I've been reading pretty much non-stop (when I'm not studying, that is). At the moment I'm reading:
- Our Vampires, Ourselves by Nina Auerbach (for one of my classes, but extremely interesting)
- De jeeste van Walewein en het Schaakbord (Middle Dutch text, also for one of my classes)
- The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien (I felt inspired after seeing The Hobbit)
- The Penguin Complete Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle
- Bridget Jones' Diary by Helen Fielding
And yesterday I finished Mark Twain's Adventures of Huckleberry Finn for my class on American Literature.
So if you want to make me happy: recommend a book! (Or a film. Or a CD. Or a TV-series. Or anything else you feel like recommending.)
Labels: books, films, music, TV shows