outfit

OUTFIT: Gothic Lolita

November 24, 2012Saskia C.

This is my very first attempt at an actual EGL outfit. I've had the pieces for quite a while but never got to wearing them all together.
Apparently my dad had a tripod lying around so I put it to good use. I like to think that it had some effect on the quality of the pictures and that they turned out better than usual. It was fun making them anyway.


Dress: Dracula Clothing
Petticoat: Ebay
Tights: Forever 21
Headdress: Phantasium (fantasy fair)
Gloves: Second hand from my mum
Shoes: TUK, I got them from some shop in Camden



I haven't worn this dress out yet, but I really hope to find an occasion soon. 
Also, I'm still not entirely convinced about the headdress, but I'm not a big fan of bows or bonnets either. Maybe I just have to get used to it.

You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. This entire outfit is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. But I would wear some kind of lace stockings. And for the headdress... I'm not a big fan of them too. I use hairbands with elegant bows on sides. It does not look so maido :D Love the shoes by the way. And a (cross) necklace or pendant would make it perfect :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the tips! I will definitely consider them ^^

      Delete
  3. you look great! wish i could pull off gothic lolita as good as you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! The dress is lovely and fits you very well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! The dress is lovely and fits you very well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh it's pictures like this that make me reconsider getting rid of all my dresses. But the adorable doll-ish look just doesn't suit me anymore.

    If you don't like the headdress you can always go for an alice band (diadeem), either a plain one, or with roses all over, or with lace. I'm also a fan of hairflowers and vintage hats (like pillbox and cloche). Those aren't necessarily typical "lolita" items, but they work with classic outfits.
    I'd also add a small white detail to this outfit to compliment the collar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the advice. I've never been very good at accessorizing so all tips are welcome.

      Delete
  7. I love your dress its very cute and sophisticated. And your hair is lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so completely adorable and it suits you very well! You hair is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! It's a beautiful dress and a perfect style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look so cute and I love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable outfit, I've never been able to pull-off 'puffy' skirts but this type of dress suits you very well :3

    --
    Please do check out my makeup/style blog as well:
    blingyoctopus.blogspot.ca Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderful! you should get used to the headdress, it goes so well with the rest of the outfit.

    ReplyDelete

Twitter

Follow by Email

Contact Form