DIY: Minecraft Creeper

I've been wanting to write this post for a week now, but I've been busy with preparations for my new school year (those also include a lot of procrastination). My last bachelor year at university starts on Monday and I've been busy mailing pretty much the entire faculty trying to fix the paper work on my study program which got messed up somehow. I also had to do some research to do my bachelor paper. I did get the subject I wanted most, so this year I'll be very busy reading and writing about (post)feminism. My promoter also advised me to take her course on gender and I'm geniunely excited, but that also means sending tons of e-mails to, well, everyone.
Other than that, I've been playing a hell of a lot of Minecraft, which is closer to the topic than all of my ramblings about university.

For the past couple of weeks I've been sewing a Creeper plushie. I say 'past few weeks', but in the end it really didn't take that much time. I usually worked on it during breaks from studying so I never got to do very much at once.
It was the very first time I made an actual plushie and it was a lot less difficult than I'd originally feared. That probably also has something to do with a Creeper being made entirely of squares.
I took pictures of the progress (in variable quality - sorry about that):

A head, four legs and stuffing.
Sewing the head onto the body. Yes, my hair is purple. Well, parts of it at least.
Sewing. It's srs bsns.


The finished product.
I used this fantastic tutorial.
Now, what to do with all that green fleece I've got left?


Labels: ,