food

FOOD: Miso Soup, Sushi and Onigiri

August 19, 2012Saskia C.

Because of the current heat wave here in Belgium, I didn't really feel like preparing -let alone eating- a hot meal. Ergo, it was time for some tasty Japanese food. The ingredients ended up being hard to find in my tiny hometown, so we had to make the best of it with the the ones we did manage to buy.



Dashi powder for miso soup was nowhere to be found but the soup still tasted pretty good without. Note to self: don't listen to the cookbook, you don't really need this much tofu.




Excuse how messy I'm looking, 34°C is not good for my hair. Neither is 37°C, which is how hot it will be today. HALP.





And then we had some green tea to finish the tasty meal off.
Preparing everything was a great deal of work, but it was an agreeable, quiet activity in this weather. Driving around town to find the ingredients was less amusing and doing the dishes today won't make for the best of times either, but at least we have another portion of sushi AND onigiri for tonight.
What do you guys like to eat when it's this hot? Suggestions are very welcome!


You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. The onigiri are so cute ^^ I never did that but it makes me want to try :)
    I'm from Belgium too but I'm more lazier than you : yesterday I made a greek salad with some feta, tomatoes, cucumber, red peppers and black olives. Very fresh and tasty! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not that creative in decorating the onigiri, but my boyfriend is, so he made three of them.
      I love salads, I just might make one tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Your meal looks lovely! I hate cooking in hot weather too. I like eating sushi when it's hot, also taboli and salads, simple and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've tried tabouli once and didn't really like it, maybe I should give it another try.

      Delete
  3. You're good at cooking! I think you can definitely make a cute bento!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wish i could cook -.-' i just suck at it, specially mexican type food, they healty tho delicious tacos with veggies always make me sigh.
    Japonese/Chinese food i do like, but unfortunatly my husband don't , so i get a few chances to eat it.

    ReplyDelete

Twitter

Follow by Email

Contact Form