Goths & GeeksJanuary 24, 2012Saskia C.
I think I'll have to agree with this statement, although there's always the exception that proves the rule. For those of you who are now worried about their social status, I've made this check list to find out if you are, in fact, a geeky goth (or just a geek in general, you don't have to be a goth to be able to be a geek... Or the other way around... I didn't get much sleep last night, can you tell?)
You might be a geek if...
- You are interested in historical clothing and have already attempted to dress in a historically correct outfit.
- You own a collection of board games/(comic) books/video games that you're quite proud of.
- In your opinion, the ever recurring 'reading or gaming?' decision is one of the hardest parts of life.
- You have watched a great amount of B movies.
- People tend to rely on you when they have computer issues, while you usually just google how to solve a problem. Not that they should know that.
- People say you read too much, but you know that this is, of course, impossible.
- You (want to) do LARP.
- Usually, you're the only one laughing at your jokes. This might be because...
- ... you're a little too up to date on internet memes.
- You own or desperately want a Cthulhu plushie.
Source: Google images
- History is/was one of your favourite subjects.
- You think dragons are extemely fascinating.
- You have a very explicit opinion on whether Dracula or the Frankenstein monster would win in a fight, and have this justified by a series of deliberate arguments.
- You have read works by H.P. Lovecraft.
- Your friends are starting to find your obsession with the (according to you) upcoming zombie apocalypse just a little bit creepy.
Source: Google images
- You attach great importance to intelligence.
- Admit it, you're slightly socially awkward. Or more than slightly. Socialising on the internet, however, is something completely different.
- You have attempted making your own board game.
- Steampunk. 'Nuff said.
- You have done research on the origin of the goth subculture and get annoyed when people won't listen to your findings.
- You are very enthusiastic about your Hogwarts house. Which is probably Slytherin or Ravenclaw.
- Your favourite genres are sci-fi, fantasy and/or horror.
- A perfect date to you includes any or all of the following activities: watching Doctor Who, playing video games, visiting a museum, attending a fantasy fair in complementary (historical) outfits, watching a movie and ending up arguing about whether or not it's that actor from that movie.
- You cringe at goth clothing undeservedly labelled as 'victorian'.
- You like big books and you can not lie.
Obviously this list is everything but complete and more of a joke than anything else.
I hope you enjoyed it.