food

FOOD: Rainbow cupcakes

August 19, 2011Saskia C.

It's been way too long since I made a food post! Today I've finally tried something that I had been curious about for a very long time: rainbow cupcakes.
I always thought they would be difficult to make, but actually they were really easy. Just a bit more work, as the dough needs to be divided into several portions.

I put some white sugar paste on top, omnomnom.

When I took them out of the oven, I thought my experiment had failed. The top looked like a normal cupcake with some very light green stains. Luckily, only the orange didn't look as it should. The other four colours were very bright.


They're not as poisonous as they look, honestly!

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. That's amazing! I have never seen a cupcake like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised the batter stayed separated like that during the baking process! Did you do anything special to keep the colors distinctive?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, me too! I didn't do anything special, I just divided the batter into several portions and gave each a different colour. Then I put a spoonful of each batter in every mold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you need more food colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only have the primary colours, actually. You have to use a certain amount of drops from every colour to get secondary colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why don't the colours get mixed up?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Because I didn't mix them, I just put the different kinds of batter on top of each other, without stirring and then put them in the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know that it was that easy. :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. I WANT RAAAINBOOOWFOOOOOOOOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know, maybe I'll make and bring some for when we'll shoot? :D

    ReplyDelete

Twitter

Follow by Email

Contact Form