FOOD: Strawberry Cake

Today my dad and me made stawberry cake. He'd bought shortcrust pastry, but as soon as he took it out of the oven, it fell apart. We didn't have any left, so I had to make the pie crust from scratch.
I'd never done that before and I was surprised at how easy it really was. The only problem was the dough always sticking to the table when I tried to roll it out, but I managed to make it a little easier by sprinkling some flour on the table and on my rolling pin.
My dad had made the custard already, so after the crust was done, I could easily add the custard and put it in the oven. This is what it looked like after I'd taken it out:


Doesn't look too good yet, does it?
Then came the hardest part. Waiting until the cake had cooled down to remove the baking paper and put the strawberries on top. I always hate that part, I'm a very impatient person.
Anyway, this is what it looked like afterwards:


Much better, right? But still there seemed to be something missing. I decided to add some whipped cream...


Now let's hope it tastes as good as it looks!

(My dad bought a new camera, a Canon 1000D... I had no choice but to put it to the test by making pictures of food.)


Labels: